KidsFest is back for its ninth season! Check out familiar favourites such as The Gruffalo, Stick Man and The Gruffalo’s Child! We’re also extremely excited to be bringing Mr Men and Little Miss to the stage.
KidsFest offers all young people of Singapore the opportunity of seeing a professional theatre performance live on stage. We have a dedicated team of drama specialists who work closely with all our teachers to provide a valuable and enjoyable experience for all.
4 fantastic productions, 3 weeks of fabulous family fun, get in touch now!
Benefits of theatre visits for students:
Currently there are no school performances, please check again or feel free to contact us!
- Field trips to live theatre shows enhance literary knowledge, tolerance and empathy among students.
- Researchers have found out that the impact on students of viewing high-quality theatre productions leads to enhanced knowledge of plot, greater tolerance and improved ability to read emotions of others.
- Theatre trips produce significant benefits for students on a variety of educational outcomes that schools and communities care about. Seeing plays is an effective way to teach academic content; increases student tolerance by providing exposure to a broader, more diverse world; and improves the ability of students to recognize what other people are thinking or feeling.
- Theatre can help teach students to appreciate and respect another’s personality, experiences and talents, and create spaces for community dialogue to introduce our young citizens to many point of view.
- While watching theatre we can be transported into the hearts, minds, bodies and stories of others in a way that can transcend race, class, gender and age. In this way, deeper levels of communications and understanding can be reached.
- Theatre exposure is also an excellent way to increase vocabulary, improve communication and listening skills, assist in memory, self-discipline and concentration, and develop interpretation skills outside of the classroom. One of the best things is that with live performances these educational benefits are all developed in an interesting, entertaining and fun environment, which doesn’t feel like learning at all.